Coast to Crest Trail Challenge Year 7
Join the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy’s Year 7 Coast to Crest Trail Challenge and embark on an unforgettable journey through the stunning landscapes of the San Dieguito River Valley. This unique challenge offers the flexibility to participate in monthly walk n’ talks, completing the designated hikes as a cohesive group, or the freedom to conquer the trails at your own pace, anytime throughout the year. Whether you prefer the camaraderie of a shared adventure or the solitude of a personal expedition, this challenge promises an enriching experience surrounded by nature’s wonders. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to explore, connect, and make lasting memories on the Coast to Crest Trail.
- Finish the 5 hikes by June 30, 2024; complete the hikes in any order or join our monthly Walk N Talk to complete the hikes as a group.
- Take a FUN selfie during each hike. Shoot those selfies anywhere along the trail that inspiration strikes; we’re not assigning specific selfie spots this year. Feel free to get creative!
- For verification, email us five selfies, one from each location, as full-size JPG or PNG files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include names of everyone shown in the photos (dogs too!)
- If you post your selfies, TAG US: @sdrvc.
- PLEASE include your mailing address, so we can send you your finishers packets including a certificate of completion and a 2023-2024 C2C patch.
HIKE 1: San Dieguito Lagoon Trail – ranger station to boardwalk ~3.5 miles, Easy (July 13, 2023, Walk N Talk)
HIKE 2: Santa Fe Valley ~ 4 miles, Moderate to Strenuous (August 10, 2023, Walk N Talk)
HIKE 3: Sikes Adobe to the base of Bernardo Summit ~4 miles, Easy to Moderate (September 14, 2023, Walk N Talk)
HIKE 4: Santa Ysabel Lower Truck Trail ~6.5 miles, Moderate to Strenuous (November 9, 2023, Walk N Talk)
HIKE 5: Pamo Valley ~ 6.5 miles, Easy to Moderate (December 14, 2023, Walk N Talk)