The San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy is seeking applicants for the position of executive director.
If you or someone you know is passionate about conservation, great with people and experienced with the workings of land use, fundraising and local government, please send us a cover letter and resume.
The Executive Director supports the Conservancy’s mission to preserve, protect and share the natural and cultural resources of the San Dieguito River Valley. The Executive Director leads and coordinates the Conservancy’s efforts to acquire lands, complete trails including the Coast To Crest Trail, restore habitats, establish educational programs, encourage recreation, and mobilize public support for the San Dieguito River Park.
The Executive Director:
- Provides leadership and management oversight, and coordinates with the Board of Directors to achieve the strategic goals of the Conservancy.
- Spearheads fundraising, including efforts to develop donors, increase membership, and obtain grants.
- Serves as the Conservancy’s public spokesperson.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with community members, the Conservancy’s small staff and stable of contractors, government agencies, elected officials, other environmental organizations, and River Park personnel.
- Manages the day-to-day financial aspects of the Conservancy, including compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of management at one or more non-profit agencies with missions similar to that of the Conservancy. He or she will:
- Be a successful and creative fundraiser.
- Possess outstanding communication and public speaking skills.
- Be analytical, persuasive, and able to think strategically.
- Possess excellent political acumen and the ability to build strong relationships among the diverse entities involved with the River Park.
- Have a passion for Conservancy’s ideals.
- Have a strong understanding of the financial aspects of non-profit operations.
A graduate degree in a relevant field, at least seven years’ of work experience after graduation and knowledge of the issues facing the River Park are highly desirable. Position is full-time. To apply, send resume and cover letter that states why you believe you qualify, fundraising successes and compensation expectations. Submit materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment is open until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.